Friday, May 9, 2014

E: 18 Months

A little late with this update, but oh well. It's been busy!

E is a year and a half and I cannot believe it. I always say that, but it's true! I look at him and wonder, how did time go so fast? Why didn't anyone warn me just how fast it goes?
He loves looking outside!
Weight: around 27 lbs (he's been the same weight since he was about 9 months old...)
Height: I can't remember. Oops! But he's getting tall!
Diaper size: 4 (he was in 5's for a little while but thinned out and is back in 4's)
Clothing size: 18-24 months. Some of his clothes are 2T.
E wouldn't look at me because he was too excited about seeing a dog
 

Likes:
-Reading books
-Riding his rocking horse
-Mickey Mouse socks
-Phones
-Cheese sticks...or really all food
Grandpa Nelson's tractor
Dislikes:
-Getting put in "time out" (his crib) when he does something naughty, like hit Mommy (he's currently in time out for that)
-Sharing Mommy with others
-Plain water
-Loud noises
One morning I got out of the shower and saw this.

E is slowly learning how to talk, and right now he has his own little language that C and I can only sometimes decipher. We're starting to understand him a little better now, though.
Ahh (drink)
Besh (juice)
Besh (cheese)
Blablubla (balloon - he doesn't know when to stop making syllables)
Dada (dad)
Dada (mom - he whispers this)
Dah-ahh (Mickey Mouse)
Deh-Deh (Dixie, C's parents' dog - E thinks this means that he's looking for something)
Umm! Umm! (car - he kind of makes the vroom vroom sound)
Uh! Uh! (dog - woof woof!)
Dah (ball)
Eh! (Amen!)
Eh-eh (uh-oh)
DAHHH (basketball)
Dah (book)
Dah-dah (softy)
Teh-teh (bird - the tweet tweet sound)
DAHHH (bike - he shouts this because he's so excited)

Like I said, it's all a completely different language! But I just love hearing his little voice!

We get our bowties from Mark it With a Q on Etsy - check it out!
E is getting pretty smart! When he asks for a drink, I'll fill his sippy cup with water and he knows it doesn't have juice in it because I didn't open the fridge. Now he just stands by the fridge and points to it to remind us that he wants juice. Luckily sometimes he forgets so he isn't drinking juice all the time! E can point to almost every part of his body and different clothes (shirt, socks, etc.).
Playing ball with Grandpa Nelson


Basketball!
He's so helpful when we're tidying the house, and understands when I say, "Go put this in your bed, please," or, "This goes in your toy box." He also loves helping throw away his diaper after I change him. When we're babysitting my niece, I don't even need to ask him to throw away her diaper - he just picks it up and runs it to the trash as soon as I'm done changing her. So far I've been lucky and only diapers have gotten thrown away. Not looking forward to when he starts throwing away things that aren't trash. Who knows - maybe he already is and I just haven't noticed.

I'm super impressed by how good of an eater E is. He loves almost any food we give him. So far the only things he doesn't really like are olives and pickles. But he loves our fruit smoothies in the morning and he couldn't get enough of our healthy super-food stir-fry last week. He inspires me to be more healthy! I feel so lucky that he isn't picky at all.

When it's nice outside we like to go on bike rides or walks to the park. Usually we take the bike because it's more fun - E loves bike rides! We usually go to the Centerville library and get a few books, then go to the park and play for a while. Most of the time, though, he is too excited about seeing the basketball court there and he won't play on the playground! ("DAHH! DAHHH!" he says, while running toward and pointing at the basketball hoops.) C and I brought his little basketball once and he had the time of his life. I think he's going to be a little basketball player when he gets bigger!
When I give him a snack he plops down in this corner to eat.
I don't know how he managed to squeeze in here without help!

No comments:

Post a Comment