Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cravings: 9 Weeks

Let me start by saying I've never liked fish. Growing up, my family enjoyed the whole camping-and-fishing experience and I remember being so mortified that my parents actually made me eat the fish I caught. The smell, the taste, the texture, the tiny bones that cut your tongue...I just hate it so bad.

I've had sushi twice in my life. Both times I was violently ill afterward, throwing up seaweed and rice that my body refused to keep down.

That said, I'm sure you can share my surprise when, last night as I was picking up Clinton from work, I had this insane urge to go get some sushi. I needed it. I needed it right now and I just knew it would be delicious and I knew it wouldn't make me sick. So Clinton, being the kind, wonderful, understanding, [sushi loving] husband that he is, took me to get some sushi.

And you know what? I loved every second of it. I got a Vegas roll and it was so happy. I soaked each beautiful little roll in soy sauce and I even put wasabi on it. Clinton even let me get gyoza (little potstickers) and those were amazing, too.

And I didn't throw it up. And I was in a good mood all night. And I was happy.

1 comment: