Thursday, May 31, 2012

17 Weeks: IT'S A BOY

Our wonderful doctor sneaked us in for an early ultrasound during our appointment on Tuesday. It took him only 3 seconds to find the perfect shot [right between the legs] and tell us that he is 100% positive that we are having a bouncing baby boy!

Clinton and I were so shocked because we were so sure that it would be a girl! But we are so, so thrilled to be expecting a son. As soon as we got back to the car I sat and cried because I was so happy. It seems so real now - we are having a boy and it's a he and he will be here by November! Eek!

We wanted to tell our families in a fun, special way. I was able to drive up to the hospital to tell my sister in person [which was such a good experience - I love my sister]. The rest of my family live over an hour away, so we just called them and told them over the phone. But Clinton's family lives pretty close, so we decided to bake a cake and dye the batter blue, then cover it with thick, white frosting. People voted on whether they thought it was going to be a boy or a girl, and then we cut into the cake to surprise them.

5 votes for boy, 3 for girl! Aren't Clinton and I such amazing cake decorators?

Proud mommy and daddy

Proud dad and uncles Matt and Trent!
[And the frosting is sliding...]

1 comment:

  1. I am SOOOOO happy for you guys! I've got 2 of each gender and I can honestly say that I can't pick which one is more fun! They are both special in their own way :) What a cute and creative way to tell Clint's family! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete