Friday, May 11, 2012

Drugs

I'm so thankful for drugs.
Not like, drug-drugs. But like, medicine-drugs that your doctor sends to a local pharmacy. Medicine-drugs that make people feel good, but not in a druggy way.

This past week has been so difficult. Morning [all day] sickness has been making my life so miserable and I've thrown up more times in the past week than I have all month. My prescription ran out and I was trying so hard to live without it. It fights the nausea but it makes me super drowsy. I kept telling myself that I could live without it, but...I can't! I'm sick of being sick! I am so dehydrated and I can't drink water because it triggers the nausea. I can't eat vegetables or healthy food [except ice cream] because the acidity [or something] triggers it. I even threw up while driving yesterday [I had an empty cup with me, but still] and that was the last straw - I'm SO done being sick!

So, this morning, I called my pharmacy and asked if they could refill the prescription. The girl told me that it would be ready within minutes, so I high-tailed it down there.

Now I'm happily [drowsily] sitting at my desk, soaking in the not-sick feeling. And it feels amazing. And I am so happy. And I am drinking Powerade to help rehydrate me. And I think I'm going to eat a muffin.

I'm definitely not one of those girls who says that you shouldn't do it with drugs. This prescription has helped me be able to get my baby the nutrition and hydration that he/she and I need to hang in there. And I'm totally okay with it.

2 comments:

  1. There's a difference between nausea medication and pharmaceutical intervention during labor. Im so glad you filled your prescription and are feeling somewhat better. I was sick with all three. You will be ok eventually. I know it doesn't seem like it now.... but you will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know! I know I won't be using an epidural or anything to help with the birth. The sickness is going away slowly but surely!

      Delete