The Way Baby Moves
Kicking all over my insides while I'm trying to fall asleep. For such a little baby, he has a lot of power.
Wiggling when I rub lotion on my belly after a shower.
Dancing to the classical music during the car ride home from work.
Stretching with me when I wake up in the morning.
Reacting to Daddy's voice after work.
Cravings
Grapes.
Eggo waffles. I want all the waffles in the world.
Mexican food.
Home-made creamy broccoli soup with croutons and cheddar cheese.
Apples.
French fries.
Egg sandwiches [McDonald's style, but home-made] with strawberry jelly.
Hot cocoa with hazelnut flavoring.
Putting the House in Order
Spending 7 hours sanding and priming a hand-me-down crib only to find out that the crib was recalled several years ago - we had to throw it away.
Watching Clinton and his friend Kevin put together the new crib.
Setting up the playpen/bassinet in our bedroom.
Scrubbing the blinds with Clorox wipes because that should get them extra clean. [It does.]
Organizing baby clothes.
Packing our hospital bag and diaper bag with things I'm assuming should be packed.
Installing the car seat Clinton and I picked out together.
Cleaning the house as fast as I can at 10 PM because what if tonight's the night!?
Bonding with Clinton
He kisses my belly and says, "Hi, Little Baby."
He brings home ice cream.
He talks about how excited he is to teach our kids.
He takes me on cute dates.
He makes dinner, although my workday was 10 times less stressful than his.
He was so sweet after my false labor episode. We rushed to the hospital, he left work early, we spent over 2 hours at the hospital and missed part of the football game that he was excited about watching, and I didn't wear real pants when we went to his parents'. [I love tights.] That night he thanked me for being wonderful.
He does the dishes and takes out the garbage.
He holds my hand.
He tells me he loves my belly, even though it's huge and covered in stretch marks. He tells me I'm beautiful even though I weigh more than I ever thought I would.
He snuggles me to sleep, even when I don't want to be snuggled.
He snuggles extra when I do want to be snuggled.
He massages my poor feet and hands for hours.
He kills the spiders.
He saves our money.
He talks to me about our future and we plan how we want to raise our children.
He drives so I can stretch out in the car.
I feel so blessed to be able to become a mom. I'm so thankful for my sweet husband. I'm so thankful for my sweet little baby that will be joining our family soon.
This is the cutest post ever. I'm so happy little baby Everett is here now! Love you both :)
ReplyDelete