Tuesday, May 28, 2013

7 Months Already?

My baby boy is 7 months today! He's growing so fast and I'm crying about it. E is learning to crawl and loves getting into trouble. We've had to be really careful about not leaving things out. We can't turn our backs for a minute! He's still teething but it looks like the top two teeth will pop out within the next few days (with a little help from frozen teething rings and Mom's hands).
One of his favorite toys - the remote!
His head is shaping nicely with the helmet, and the doctors say he shouldn't have to wear it more than 3 months. I'm so happy! He doesn't mind his helmet (unless it slides down over his eyes) but I think it squishes his face and makes him look grouchy all the time.

I'm still trying to get him to eat real food. His pediatrician said that E is supposed to be eating food at least once a day, but E doesn't like it. I'm lucky if I can get him to eat once every 3 days, and he doesn't eat very much. He's still nursing and is still gaining weight, so I'm not too worried about it.
Chewing on the crunchy part of the toy.
Weight: 23 and some pounds
Length: I think it was 28 inches? 29?
Clothing size: Between 9 and 18 months

Likes:
-Being held (but only by Mommy).
-His exer-saucer.
-His pacifier.
-Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Another favorite toy - water bottles!
-When Mommy sings to him.
-Playing music with Daddy (the cajon or guitar).
-Getting into trouble. (He loves the laptop and cord to the charger, the TV remotes, and the big box fan we have in our living room. No-no!)
-Playing with empty water bottles and the wipes package.
-Playing his "piano". He gets really into it and I love it.
-Going on walks.
-Attention. All the old ladies giving out samples at Costco will stop and coo at him for a while and he feels pretty neat.
-Watermelon
-Dogs

Dislikes:
-Diaper changes.
-Poopy diapers.
-Being held too tight.
-The new pacifiers we got him. We had to get the next size up, and he refuses to suck on it. If we try to give it to him, he'll bite on it for a second to test it out, and when he realizes it's the new one he spits it out and fuss until we can find the old one.
-Being stuck in one place for too long.
-Heat and sunlight.

1 comment: