Friday, June 28, 2013

E: 8 Months

Today is E's 8 month birthday! I can't believe he's growing so fast. It makes me so happy and so sad at the same time! We went to the helmet doctor last week and he said that E is DONE with the helmet! We are so excited! I think it's made E a lot more comfortable and he's been even more cheerful and happy since then.
Helmetless!

Length: I should probably measure him. 29 inches maybe?
Weight: Somewhere around 25 pounds {I need to get a scale!}
Diaper size: 4, but lately those have been seeming a little snug.
Clothing size: 12-18 months. If I really need to I can squeeze him into a 9 month onesie, but I only put him through that on laundry day(s).
He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Likes:
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse {he'll drop everything as soon as he hears Mickey say, "Hi-i everybody!"}
- Popsicles. This kid can't get enough! I feel guilty when I sneak a popsicle while he's sleeping.
- His puff treats {the little cereal snacks that dissolve}.
- Bathtime.
- His exersaucer. He jumps so hard that I think he's going to fall out!
- When Daddy comes home. E lights up as soon as he hears the keys jingling in the door and gets so excited when he sees C walk in.

He loves Daddy
Dislikes:
- Diaper changes. He'll squirm and roll and twist so that it's nearly impossible for me to get his diaper on him.
- Being put on the floor when he just wants to be held.
- Carrots. I've been trying to feed him different kinds of foods, and right now he just prefers his puff snacks and his oatmeal-strawberry-apple cereal.
"I'm awake, Mommy!"
I love being E's mom! He is such a sweet, wonderful, fun baby. He'll clap when I say, "Clap! Clap!" He loves it. He also is learning to give kisses and high fives. It's adorable! He loves "talking" and we have little conversations. He says, "Uh! Ah!" I'll answer back and we'll go back and forth for a while. He crawls everywhere and tries to get into everything. I have a hard time keeping up with him! His favorite book is "5 Little Puppies". He still doesn't sleep all night, but he's been really good about letting me know when he's sleepy. He rubs his face and flaps his hands until I snuggle him and put him in his bed.

I am so blessed to be his mommy and to be able to spend every day with him. I love my E!
Wearing the BYU Jersey that Uncle Trent gave him.
Getting him to sit still for a picture is impossible!
I love this boy!!

1 comment: