Wednesday, January 14, 2015

29 Weeks

I'm officially in my third trimester! The last week I've had a very miserable cold and it's all I've been able to think about. 

Baby Girl is active and loves to wiggle and kick! I think it's so cute, especially when E is trying to snuggle with me and I have both kids fighting for space on Mommy's lap. 

Weight gain: about 10 pounds

Cravings: homemade oven fries with Red Robin seasoning and fry sauce made with mayo and Stubbs "Sticky Sweet" barbecue sauce. Every day. Other than that I don't have many cravings right now, but I can definitely blame that on my cold and the fact that I can't taste things. I crave the smell of Breathe Dōterra oil though - I'm going to need another bottle soon! 

Weird pregnancy side effects: this is going to sound totally gross, but there is a logical explanation. I crave crayons and dust and chalk and dirt. Reason? Apparently I'm iron deficient. After my glucose test last week my doctor called and told me the good news. I should have known, since I knew I was slightly anemic already, but I have to take iron pills for the next little while. But an iron deficiency can make you crave weird things like that. But the smell - oh, the smell - crayons...my knees go weak and I just have to sit and huff the crayons for a while. Other than that I just have hip pain and stuff. I get headaches a lot but my doctor said unless my blood pressure gets high I shouldn't worry about it. 

We bought a minivan! It's a beautiful 2005 Nissan Quest. A little older, but we wanted to be able to pay for it cash instead of financing it. It's so nice and roomy! We love it already and it's not even officially ours. It's going to be so nice to have space for our stroller, playpen, etc. and to not have to lean so far to buckle E in his car seat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment