Anyway...
IT'S A GIRL!!!
Our doctor confirmed at our big 20-week-ultrasound that we are having a little girl! I was so shocked because I was completely expecting and prepared for a boy. C wasn't surprised at all. The day before our appointment he told me his guess was that it would be a girl. I should have just listened to E though - he's been telling me since day 1 that Baby is a "geer" (girl). Once I got over my surprise I was so excited! It's going to be so fun to have a little mini-me running around. Although with my luck she'll be just like E and be super attached to Daddy.
Weight gain: about 5 pounds
Gender: girl!
Cravings: I want fried rice every day of my life. Every day when E takes his nap I make myself a nice little (big) pan of fried rice and it's ah-mazing! I also really love baked potatoes lately. I went through a tater-tot phase, and then a clementine phase, and then a Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Nut bar phase.
Weird pregnancy side-effects: morning sickness still, but thankful it's just in the mornings, and not every day. If I can get a granola bar in me within 15 minutes of when I wake up, I'm pretty good for the whole day. I have to be careful about how much I eat - if I stuff myself too much I get pretty sick. My hips still hurt, and it makes me difficult to sleep at night. I also have been getting lots of miserable headaches in the afternoons. Usually a Tylenol will handle it but sometimes I have to add a coke to really get rid of it.
I'm at the point where I'm super tired all the time! I'll get these little bursts of energy and think I can do anything, and exhaust myself chasing E. Then I have to lay on the couch for the next hour or so. E has been so sweet though. It's like he knows when Mommy needs a break. He will play quietly with his toys while I doze on the couch. I can even feel comfortable actually falling asleep while he plays. He's gotten super snuggly lately and loves when we can "ugg" (snug) on the couch together and talk about basketball and Christmas. I love my boy!
We're thinking about getting a minivan to make it easier on us. It's starting to get hard to lift and lean to get E into his car seat in our little car, and we have zero storage space in our trunk. Fitting another car seat in the back and a double stroller in the trunk is going to be nearly impossible! (But not completely impossible, thank goodness, just in case we don't find the "perfect" van in time.) I can't wait though! I have always been so excited to eventually get a minivan!


Yay! Congrats to all of you! Girls are so much fun. :)
ReplyDelete