Monday, June 18, 2012

The Hunger Games [20 Weeks]

I sort of had a conversation with Baby this afternoon.

"Mom. Mommy. Mama." Nudge. Nudge. Nudge. "I'm hungry, Mom."
I tried to ignore him. Work would be over in two hours and we'd be free to eat anything at home.
He started wiggling and kicking, determined to get my attention.
"Hungry-hungry-hungry-hungry--." Nudge, kick, nudge.
I had to give in. It had been a while since I'd eaten anything, so I let him think about what to eat while I walked to the food court near my work. [In the scorching, awful, fiery 80 degree heat outside. Thank you.]
I wandered around, looking at the different restaurants while he took his sweet time. Turkey sandwich? No. Greek kabobs? Nope. Pizza? Orange chicken? Tacos? No. No. No. Finally we saw McDonald's.
"That's it, Mom. That's the one. Riiiight there." I knew Baby was leaning toward the chicken nuggets [blech] and I tried to reason with him as I got in line.
"I'm not feeding you chicken nuggets. Do you even know what's in those things!?" I hate chicken nuggets, and it was not fair of him to do this to me.
He started whining [nudging, wiggling, punching, whatever]. "But Mommm...What about the other chicken nuggets? They're not as bad..."
I eyed the chicken strips - "Chicken Selects" - and decided it wasn't a terrible idea. At least we'd get fries, right?

We both realized our mistake [Baby's mistake] when I got back to work. The chicken was thrown out after one bite, and the medium fries didn't even come close to filling me up. Baby is still whining about being hungry, but now we get to wait until after work to eat.

Next time, I'm picking the restaurant.

Side note: Clinton felt Baby kick last night for the first time. It was absolutely adorable. He couldn't stop grinning and Baby seemed pretty thrilled too, like somehow he knew what was going on. I loved it. [People, you are totally allowed to touch my belly!] I love my boys. I can't wait to hold and snuggle my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment