Monday, July 16, 2012

Kicking [24 Weeks]

Baby keeps me up at night. I think he thinks that nighttime = playtime [or something]. As soon as I lay down, he starts going. And going and going and going... I'll feel him in the morning when I wake up, too, still bouncing and kicking happily.

I don't understand why he can't perform his little acrobatics during the day, when I am not trying to sleep. [I mean, let's be honest - sleeping right now is difficult enough without a child kicking me in the stomach and disorganizing my guts.] But no, he has to sleep during the day. He's usually so still that I panic and start moving and pushing on my belly until he fights back and lets me know he's there with several sharp kicks.

I just don't get it.

Clinton does. Last night, he said, "You know how you bug Baby and wake him up to make him kick when you think he's been sleeping for too long? Maybe he's just doing the same thing to you at night. He's just making sure you're still there, because he hasn't felt you move for a while and it probably makes him nervous. Maybe that's why he kicks you all night."

I get it now.

1 comment: