Tuesday, April 30, 2013

E: 6 Months

Has it really been six months since this little baby took over my life?!
2 days old when we took him home from the hospital.
Exactly 6 months and 2 days old
I have a hard time believing it's been that long. He's so big! It seems like just yesterday we were snuggling him for the first time. He is growing so fast and it makes me happy and sad at the same time.

He is really good about sitting up on his own, but I usually put the Boppy pillow behind him just in case. We've also started letting him play on the floor so he can roll around all day. Over the last few days he has started trying to crawl! It's funny when he gets mad about not being strong enough to hold up his fat body. We're getting there, though. He's started eating more solid foods. Today I tried feeding him steamed zucchini and he hated it. He made the funniest faces while spitting it out as fast as he could. We'll work on that. We still haven't been able to get him to sleep all the way through the night. He wakes up at least 4 times and won't go back to sleep until I feed him. It's been really hard losing that much sleep, but hopefully he will start to do better in the future.

It's really sweet how he already "asks" me if something is okay. When we're out running errands people will come up to him and talk to him and he will look up at me to see how I'm reacting to the new person. Once he sees that I'm smiling he will turn back to the person and give them a big grin.

Weight and length: I'm not sure yet. We're taking him to his 6 month appointment this week and we will know for sure then. I'm guessing it's at least 20 pounds. [He's huge. We don't carry him around anymore - we use a stroller. I think he likes that better anyway.]Diaper size: 4
Clothing size: Between 9 and 12 months. I've been trying to get really good deals on clothes because he's growing out of them so fast.

He's really particular about what he does and doesn't like. It's really funny to watch him learn about the world around him.
Likes:
-Me
-When Daddy comes home - he gets so excited when he hears his dad walk in the door.
-Sitting up
-Mealtime
-Going on walks [we walk to Costco almost every day]
-Bathtime
-Crunchy toys or the wipe container
-Mom's phone and laptop [I'm currently trying to keep him from attacking the screen as I type]
-When Daddy plays the guitar or cajon
-Bananas
-Chewing on his feet [or anything he can get his hands on]

Dislikes:
-Any kind of change [we recently had to move up to a bigger size of pacifier and he refuses to take it]
-Bedtime
-Being tired
-Laying down
-Zucchini
-Being out after 9 PM
-Crowds
-Overheating
-Diaper changes
[Those last 3 things convince me that he's more like me than his daddy ;) haha!]
He sleeps on his tummy with his head in his hands, so when he wakes up he looks bruised. I think it's the cutest thing.

1 comment:

  1. E is getting so big. I tink this is the biggest I've ever seen him. How old is he in this pic? His cheeks are so chubby:) looks like his eyes are closed lol. To cute I've really enjoyed your blog. Very cute

    ReplyDelete