Friday, February 21, 2014

To Grandmother's House We Go

We were so excited to go visit Grammy and Grampy Jones this week! C took a few days off work so we could spend some quality time with my side of the family. They live about an hour and a half away, and we haven't been to visit them since Christmastime. I was so grateful and excited to see them all! E has missed his Grammy!

There is a little park behind my parents' house, so we took E out for his first real playground experience. He LOVED it! It was so cute to see him run around and explore. His favorite part was the big slides. I didn't think he would want to go down them by himself, but he couldn't get enough of it!
Just look at his happy face! He was having a blast!
That evening we left E with my family so C and I could go on a date. We went to dinner at Red Robin (one of my favorite places - can't beat those bottomless fries!) and then the BYU/Gonzaga basketball game. At first we were super bummed because we hadn't realized they changed the time of the game from 7pm to 9pm. We almost didn't even go to the game at all. But it was so worth the wait! It was a close game the whole time, and BYU won! We had so much fun cheering and booing all night. I feel so lucky to be married to such a fun-loving and exciting man. C is my perfect match and makes everything more fun. I'm not much of a sports fan but with C's help I really got into the game and by the end of it I had yelled so much, I sounded like a chain smoker. 
(Our seats weren't that great, but it was still a great time. Next time I need to remember to buy the tickets earlier in the season.)
The next morning we woke bright and earlier to get as much fun in as possible. E and C played with my little brothers while I played bananagrams with my mom. After E's nap we all decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and play outside for a while. E practically ran to the playground! C and my younger brothers went out to the field to play baseball, and my mom and other brother went to play on the playground.
Eventually E got pretty worn out, so we sat and watched C and my brothers play baseball. After E rested for a minute and caught his breath, he was ready to join the big kids! I think we have a future all-star here! 
My older brother took us out to dinner when we were on our way back home. C chose his favorite place: JCW's. It was delicious except I smelled like burgers for the rest of the ride home. But it was SO great to spend time with him and my little sister. I've missed my family so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment