Thursday, February 6, 2014

E: 15 Months

My little baby is no longer a baby! E is now 15 months old and turning into the funnest little toddler.

Weight: 27 lbs. He has basically been the same weight since he was 9 months old.
Height: 32 inches
Clothing size: between 18 and 24 months
Diaper size: 5
E has 12 teeth and is currently working on another one.
He loves cheese!
Favorites
Food: Any and all food, with a few exceptions like tomatoes and stuff. He loves cheese, applesauce, green smoothies, and macaroni and cheese.
Song: "Once There Was a Snowman". E will put his hands on his head and start swaying back and forth and squeaking at me, which means he wants me to start singing the song.
Movie: Veggie Tales
Book: "The Mitten". It's a little board book about a little boy who wants snow-white mittens, but then loses one in the snow. While he's looking for the mitten, animals find it and one by one crawl into it until it's huge. I think E likes it because he can point to the different animals, and he particularly likes when the bear sneezes and, "All of the animals flew out of the mitten!"
Toy: Mommy's phone (if he can get his hands on it!) or his popper push-toy.
He likes to pretend he's still a baby.

E still doesn't really talk, but he babbles all the time and squeaks his little "Ah? Mmm? Dah?" sounds. He can say "da-da" and "bath" but doesn't want to say "mama" and it is driving me crazy! Just say my name, child!! I swear he does it on purpose, because when we ask him to say mama he grins and whispers "dad". Little stinker. He can sign "please" and "more", and we're working on "thank you". He can also nod his head for yes when he wants something. Mostly he communicates by pointing and squeaking, and it's always easy to understand what he wants.
His face when we say, "smile!"
We're still working on sleeping through the night, but I'm trying to nurse less at night so I hope that will help. Typically he will wake up 2-4 times a night. He gets so sad when I won't nurse him and it breaks my heart! But I know it will be better for everybody if he can start sleeping better. This mama is going a little crazy! I'm so tired during the day that we basically just sit around in our jammies all day (like right now, it's 12:30 and I haven't even showered yet, still in my sweats). Hopefully he'll be sleeping through the night by summertime so we can go outside and play more often.

Lunch with Daddy! We love that we live close enough to C's work to be able to hang out with him every day at lunchtime.
E loves music so we sing and dance a lot in our house! He still loves listening to his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse soundtrack, and recently he has fallen in love with Veggie Tales. We got a singalong DVD from the library and every morning E runs into the living room and plops down in front of the TV, waiting for us to turn on his show. He's started moving his arms around and shaking his little fists when he dances and it's so adorable! He's never sat and actually watched a show before, so when he sat for a whole half hour episode of Veggie Tales I was so shocked! He would probably watch it all day if I let him, but we try to limit it to only once or twice a day.

I love that I can be a stay-at-home-mom and play with E all day. We are the best of friends and have so much fun together! He loves when I sneak up on him while he's playing with his toys, and I pop out and scare him. He gets the biggest kick out of it and bursts into giggles! He's such a fun boy and I love every day with him.

We went with a friend to the Layton Mall playplace and E loved it!
He was a little nervous about the slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment