A week before V-day, for FHE, we made a "love wall". I cut heart shapes out of construction paper and we wrote down things that we love or are grateful for, and then we taped them up on our living room wall. It was actually a lot of fun, and we loved seeing the different things we love. C's hearts had things like BYU sports, basketball shorts, and archery, while my hearts had ice cream, Harry Potter, and bedtime. We also had the obvious things like E, the temple, and each other. I think this will be a new tradition for us!
I bought C and E matching bow ties for valentines day, and they wore them proudly the Sunday before V-day! I was so happy. My boys looked so dapper in their red and white striped bow ties from Mark It With A Q (check out her site on Etsy!).
On valentines day we really didn't do anything special. I'm lame and don't like waiting in lines or crowds or waiting for a table at a restaurant, so we just had a quiet night in. We had some treats (Reese's cups for C, cream-filled donut for me) and watched the Olympics. I think we will try to go to lunch on Monday and be able to avoid the V-day crowds...and get the lunch-time discount. Win-win! Yes we are cheap. We exchanged gifts a day before valentines day because I was too excited to give C his new hunting gear. He got a neat little hunting chair and a camouflage shirt. He was so excited! I got a beautiful pair of earrings that I absolutely love. It's been a while since I've gotten new jewelry and C picked the perfect thing! I do love him. We didn't do anything for E because 1. Lame holiday and 2. Lame us. Whatever. He's still too young to realize what's happening, and I'll save my money for a real holiday.






He looks almost bigger than you! haha
ReplyDelete