Yes, it's been quite a while since I've been on this thing. In my defense, I have a good excuse...
 |
| E is going to be a big brother! |
We're expecting baby #2! We found out at the end of July that I was pregnant again, and since then it's been a whirlwind of morning sickness and hospital visits. I'm a lot more sick this time around than I was with E. The nausea started around 5 weeks this time, instead of 6 weeks, and I've been throwing up almost non-stop since then. We've had a few scares where I've gotten so dehydrated that we rushed me to the emergency room, and once I started bleeding a little (most terrifying thing of my life), but I hope all of that is behind us. I'm officially 12 weeks and I'm starting to be able to eat again! I'm having fewer bad days and a lot more easy days, and I'm finally able to somewhat take care of my house and family. E and I spent 3 weeks at my mom's house because I was just too sick to function, let alone take care of a busy toddler! C has been so kind and helpful during this hard time. It makes me emotional because seriously he has just been SO wonderful. I couldn't have gotten through this first trimester without him! He already has a full schedule at work and with his calling, but he's made every effort to make dinners and keep the house clean and handle E while I've been MIA.
I don't think E fully understands that he's getting a new sibling. We've tried to explain that "there's a baby in Mommy's belly", and when we ask him where the baby is he runs and points to my belly, but I think he'll understand a little better when I'm bigger. I'm barely showing, especially since I've lost so much weight (yay, sickness?), but I think I'll pop out soon.
So that's our big news! I'm due around the beginning of April, but I'm pretty sure it will be a March baby. E was a week early, and I'm banking on this one to be early, too (keeping my fingers crossed!). C and I are really hoping for another boy, because E is so much fun! But I will be perfectly happy with anything!
 |
| Family of 4! |
No comments:
Post a Comment