Weeks: 19
Weight gain: at my last appointment I had gained 2 pounds, and I'm sure I've gained a little more since then.
Gender: it's a "secret"! Our doctor took a peek at our last appointment, but wasn't 100% sure and couldn't get a very good look. We have our big 20-week ultrasound in a week and will make an announcement then.
Cravings: currently breakfast burritos. I've had one every morning and I'm so sad that I'm out of sausage! I still like eating apples, although my cottage cheese and peach phase ended quite abruptly. I'm still trying to eat more fruit and be healthy.
Weird pregnancy side effects: my poor hips are falling apart! I can't lean over to brush my teeth or anything, and it's so painful. I didn't get this until way later when I was pregnant with E, but I guess everything happens sooner and faster the second time around. My temperature fluctuates a lot but I'm mostly really warm all the time.
Baby is getting more and more active and I'm already starting to see bits of his or her personality. Baby doesn't like when I sit forward, because it squishes my belly. Baby also likes to be nestled in one side of my uterus, so my belly is always lopsided! He or she gets so irritated when I have to move him or her (can't wait till C lets me tell the gender so I can stop saying "Baby" and "he or she") and I can feel him or her (...) scrambling to get back into position. C has been able to feel a few wiggles too, and it's been a lot of fun. I can't wait for E to be able to feel it too! He's already fascinated that "Baby has a heart" and loves telling me the sound it makes.
I still don't fit into my maternity pants, so I just wear tights and maternity shirts every day. It's super comfy but I'm excited for a little more variety!

No comments:
Post a Comment