Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Birthday Festivities

We celebrated E's birthday all weekend! Saturday my sister came over and played with E while C and I went to the temple (finally!). She did my dishes and helped me run errands and I love her so much for it. Best sister award goes to her, hands down.

Sunday we went to my parents' to celebrate with my side of the family. E wasn't feeling well and was overtired, so he wasn't much fun most of the night. And then this happened:
And it made everything worse. Poor baby! I think everyone's reaction scared him more than the actual burn. But still! We felt so awful.

But then he got to open presents and he liked that part.

And we shared a piece of cake...

 And he had another meltdown.





Great Grammy and Grampy!
Toys! (He kept the party hat on all night!)

Once everyone left and it was quieter, E really calmed down and was able to enjoy himself. I think he just got really overwhelmed with so many people and so much noise. He prefers small groups - much like his mommy! It all ended well though. He got lots of great toys from his mommy and daddy, Grammy and Grandpa Jones, Great-Grammy and Great-Grampy, and Aunt Ashley and Uncle Demy. It was a great night!

Most of Monday (his actual birthday) we just did our own thing. C had to work most of the day so we entertained ourselves by going out and taking pictures in the pretty fall leaves in our yard, and then going to C's work to pick out a pumpkin and get a cookie (yay for member appreciation days!). When C got home we went to the "aquarium" (Petco) to see the fun animals.




I LOVE THIS FACE.





More excited about the fun ribbon than what's actually inside.
That evening we went to C's parents' house for a little party. E loved showing off his new walking skills and eating cake. He ate all of my piece and still wanted more! He got a bunch of diapers from his Uncle Matt and Aunt Britney, toys from C and I, and toys from his Grandpa and Grandma Nelson. What a fun birthday!



Cousin Lola wanted to help him open presents


"The balls won't stop moving, Mom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment