Our baby boy is officially one year old! What an adventure this past year has been. He has grown up so fast and we love him so much.
Weight: around 27 lbs
Height: 29.5 inches
Clothing size: between 18 and 24 months
Diaper size: 5
ELEVEN TEETH - what!? I counted this morning and yes, he has 11 teeth! His molars started popping through, which explains why he's been sleeping even worse than usual.
Likes:
- puppy books
- vegetables and fruits
- balls
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (especially the Hot Diggity Dog song)
- the vacuum (he runs after it and tries to hug it!)
- his "softy" (the little blankey he sleeps with)
- throwing the pillows off the couch and pulling the laundry down
Dislikes:
- when I turn his toys off
- not being able to get my phone or laptop
- diaper changes
- crowds and loud noises
E can say "da-da", "woof!" (for puppy), and he says "ahh" when he wants a drink. He understands what we mean when we tell him to "get the ball" or "let's go nurse", and simple things like that. It's really cute when he knows it's time to nurse because he goes straight to his room and waits for me by the door. He started taking his first steps a couple of weeks ago and now there is no stopping him! He's walking everywhere! He still is a little wobbly and walks pretty slow, but he prefers walking to crawling. It's adorable. He also loves to be tickled and loves when I chase him around saying, "I'm gonna get you!" He squeals and tries to get away, but stops so I can catch up to him and tickle him. I love his little giggle!
Since he's walking now I need to get him some shoes, but he's still so fat that nothing fits except the big shoes that make him look like he has clown feet! We went to the store the other day to find some for him, and he literally laughed in my face as I tried to squeeze his chubby feet into a pair.
He is so mischievous and loves getting into trouble. He thinks it's hilarious. If we forget to close our bedroom door or the gate to the kitchen E will zoom straight over and try to get in before we can catch him. He also has started doing the fake cry, and uses it whenever he is even remotely annoyed or sad. {Come on, kid! None of that! You're not allowed to be a little punk bum.} I usually laugh at him when he does this and it snaps him out of his little pity party.
I'm so excited to see how much he grows and changes over the next few months. He's such a fun, wonderful boy and I absolutely adore him.


No comments:
Post a Comment