E will be 1 year old next Monday. These are just a few of the things I don't want to forget about him at this stage.
He lays his head on me and says, "Aww." But only for a second, and then he's off playing again.
He tries to do a somersault .
His favorite book is Find the Puppy and he loves pointing out the puppy and saying, "Oof!"
He loves to jump and actually does it well.
He tries to walk but gets too excited. After 4-5 steps he dives to the ground.
He thinks he's hilarious and slowly leans backward while grinning at me, knowing I'll catch him when he falls.
He says, "Ah! Ah!" and, "Mmm?" and, "Uhh?" in a high voice.
He chews on everything - books, the remote, diapers...
He pulls the throw pillows off the couches and lays on them.
When we say, "Bonk!" he will bonk his head with a toy, his hand, or against my head.
He whispers "dada" while playing alone.
He drums his hands on everything - just like Clinton.
He loves when we sit down and read, but he is too excited to turn the pages so I end up speed-reading so I can keep up.
He pushes buttons on the remote and pretends he knows what he's doing. He also pushes the buttons on the TV and changes the channel and messes with the volume.
When I'm eating Cafe Rio and try to feed him baby food, he will slap it away because he knows it's not my pinto beans and that's what he really wants.
He crawls on his hands and feet with his bum sticking up in the air - and he is quick!
He sleeps curled up in a ball on his tummy, with his bum in the air and hands tucked under him, or spread out and crunched in a corner of his crib with at least one limb sticking through the bars.
While he's nursing, he sticks his hands up so I can tickle him.
I ask him if he wants a drink and he says, "Ahhhh," like the sound you make after drinking a nice glass of cold water. "Ahhhh." If he's thirsty he will let me know by making that sound until I get his sippy cup.
He's so giggly and happy in the evenings before bed. That's our golden hour.
He loves the warm water in the bath and tries to lay down and put his face in it, and then gets mad when he gets water in his eyes and nose. He also tries to unplug the drain and stick his hand in it. At least I know he's not afraid of it!
During diaper changes he wiggles and rolls away from me, and takes off crawling as fast as he can. I try to catch him while laughing at seeing his little naked bum crawling away. He giggles the whole time.
He loves FaceTime with Grammy (my mom) and tries to kiss the phone.
When he's tired he will rub his eyes and face with the back of his hands and it's adorable.
He "complains" when I turn the radio on in the car, and even stick his fingers in his ears, but he loves when I sing to him.
We recently got a little mirror for the car so he can look at himself and I can see him while driving, and he loves to see me!
He's really surprised when other people know "If You're Happy and You Know It Clap Your Hands". He gets confused and slowly claps his hands while eying the person suspiciously.
He won't go to bed unless he's nursed and I've sung to him for a while. He loves it.
He sniffs really loudly because he knows it'll make me laugh.
I truly feel like the luckiest girl alive. I can't believe E is growing so fast and getting so big. It makes me happy and sad at the same time. Obviously I'm so glad he's growing and developing so well, but sometimes I wish I could stop time and keep him little for just a little while longer. Watching his personality develop and seeing him change is the most amazing thing and I love every second of being his mommy.






No comments:
Post a Comment