Tuesday, September 3, 2013

E: 10 Months

IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?!
My itty-bitty baby is now 10 months old! {And not so itty-bitty...}
1 month (about)
10 months!
Weight: 27 lbs {I keep waiting for him to start thinning out, but it's still not happening.}
Length: Probably close to what it was last time. {He's sleeping and I'm not about to bother him to measure him.}
Diaper size: 4
Clothing size: 18-24 months. Sometimes he can squeeze into a 12 month outfit but I prefer to spare him from that. It doesn't look very comfy.

Likes:
- when Daddy comes home
- peas
- the TV remote
- mangos
- chewing on books
- going on walks
- being naked
- playing in the big bed
- climbing stairs

Dislikes:
- getting dressed/diaper changes
- going to bed
- not being allowed to touch the laptop
- other babies {he's kind of a bully - we're working on that}
Watching Daddy play his guitar is one of his favorite things.
E is growing so fast and learning so much, and his fun personality is showing more and more every day. He's such a determined little punk, and wants to get into everything. I haven't baby-proofed the kitchen yet, and E wants so badly to explore that area of the house. He gets so frustrated when he realizes I've blocked off all the doorways to the kitchen and bathroom. He's not allowed to play with the laptop but still tries so hard to get to it. He'll even be sneaky and pretend he wants to snuggle with me or C, and then just use us as a boost for him to reach it. He's such a stinker!

He's babbling a little more now. He's started to make more consonant sounds, but still usually sticks to his "Ah!" and "Mmm" sounds. However, he has started to fluctuate his voice higher or lower depending on what he's trying to say, so I'm not worried about him not be able to talk. It's adorable because he'll start by saying "Ah!" in a relatively low tone, and keep getting higher and higher with each "Ah!" until it's high pitched and squeaky. He knows he's hilarious. He's also learning a lot and loves showing off his tricks. So far he can snuggle, kiss, clap, dance, jump, bounce, blow raspberries, cough {I think it's so funny!}, wave bye-bye, and give high-fives. A new one that I just taught him is to put his hands up. I think it's so cute! When I was showing him how to do it I didn't think he was really understanding, but this morning I told him, "Hey! Put your hands up!" and he immediately raised his hands above his head. We're working on learning to point to body parts such as his hands, feet, and nose, but that's taking a little longer.

E also has 2 new teeth on the top, so now he has 6 teeth! He has such a cute smile with all of those little chompers, but it makes us be a little more careful with letting him play with our hands and stuff.

When C comes home from work E gets really excited. He loves his daddy! As soon as E hears the lock turn in the door he drops whatever he's doing and freezes and looks at me like, "Could it really be? Is it really Daddy?" When the door opens he gasps and crawls as fast as he can while saying, "Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah," and gets the hugest smile when he sees C. They are the best of friends and it melts my heart to see the two of them together. I feel so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment