Sunday, September 29, 2013

E: 11 Months...and Walking!

My handsome boy!
Yesterday my sweet baby E turned 11 months old! He is getting so big! He weighs around 27 pounds and is in size 18-24 month clothes. We recently upgraded to size 5 diapers because the fours were starting to be a little too snug and leak a little too often. I feel like he's much more comfortable with the bigger size.
Likes:
- Going on walks
- Swinging! He loves swings!
- Waving his feet around while nursing
- Waking Mommy up every hour or so during the night
- Dancing
- Talking during car rides
- Calling Grammy on FaceTime {he giggles and tries to kiss the phone - so cute!}
- Chewing on the shopping cart
Not allowed to chew on the cart.
Dislikes:
- Being put to bed too early
- Missing his naptimes
- Being told "no"
- Being held for too long - this kid loves to explore
- When he's not allowed to chew on the shopping cart
E is starting to get very particular on a lot of things. He won't eat in his high chair unless we take his shirt off. He doesn't like wearing overalls or having his pacifier clipped to his shirt {he shrieks and tries to rip it off}. And he gets really angry when C goes to rescue him in the middle of the night instead of me. I guess I should take it as a compliment, but considering how excited E is to see C during the day, I think he should be able to tolerate it more at night. Plus, this mama's gotta sleep. E also won't sleep unless he has his little raccoon blankey with him. I hand it to him and he holds it against his cheek and sighs.
A few nights ago we were playing with E and watched as he took his very first steps! I about died! He pulled himself up to stand and then walked 5 steps to his daddy. We cheered! And E made the don't-cry-keep-it-together face while his eyes welled up with tears and it broke my heart. I guess our excitement scared him. A little while later he decided he was brave enough to try again and walked another 5-6 steps. It was so amazing! He still gets really nervous when trying to walk, and I think he prefers to walk to C, but he is definitely working on it. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment