Friday afternoon I noticed E wasn't his usual playful, excited self. He just seemed really quiet and didn't want to play very much. When he came to snuggle me he felt really warm, so I checked his temperature and, sure enough, he had a fever of about 100. We tried to bring the fever down by giving him ibuprofen but it didn't seem to do anything. He just kept getting more and more miserable and he was crying so much. I felt so terrible and helpless. I finally took him to the Insta-Care to make sure he didn't have an ear infection. Turns out he had a pretty bad sore throat. They told us that the ibuprofen wasn't doing anything because we weren't giving him a strong enough dose for his weight {apparently when you're fat you get to have extra drugs}. So for the rest of the long weekend he sat in his jammies and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while I kept him on a strict Tylenol schedule to help soothe his fever and throat. By Monday night he was feeling much better, and I am so thankful for it! It's so hard when your baby is sick because not only can he not tell you what's wrong, but he doesn't even know why he's feeling so awful. But today he is back to his normal, mischievous, silly self. Hopefully we are done with the sickies for a while.
.JPG) |
| Poor sick baby! He doesn't even look like himself in this picture. |
.JPG) |
| We cuddled like this for an entire episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and he didn't even try to grab the laptop. That shows just how miserable he really was. :( |
Aww hope he feels better. Give him a hug from his auntie Brandi How much does he weigh now. He loojs l I je he's gone through a growing spurt.so cute. Does the dr say anything about his weight or hin being to big. Or needing to change his diet orvfeed hin less or no. Are you bringing him with to the shower on Friday? Cant wait to see you guys. Dont for I et tge catalog. I am excited to see it. I heard its adorable! Anything he is in must be.
ReplyDelete